Daily dose: 20s

My husband and I have a joke that as you get older you need to "cultivate your eccentricities." Mostly we make silly comments about what that could be, but there is a real life part of it too.

Something I've been wanting to do for a long time is incorporate more costuming into my daily life. Mostly what this means is 20th century vintage or vintage-inspired outfits. So I've decided that I'd blog a bit about that too with the idea of a "daily dose" of costume.   Mostly these are not things I've made but pieces I've thrifted, bought online, or found at regular stores like Target.

Recently I got a pretty and oh so comfy 20s-inspired dress from this etsy seller and today it's making it's debut.   I paired it with some chevroned tights and a black cardigan from Target and some black wingtip oxfords from Naturalizer.  I put my back hair in a ponytail and curled the front layers under to simulate a bob.

Comments

  1. You look great! I love the idea of adding a bit of costuming into everyday life. I've made a couple pieces, and enjoy wearing them, but for the most part, they aren't at all practical in my daily life. 80 five year-olds are hard on the cloths.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment