Didn't do too much today save finishing my 1.5 year old niece's Red Ridinghood costume, all save for the elastic on the waist of the skirt anyway, and I need to so that when she's here so I don't make it too tight.
And a few days ago I sewed a bit on my Sweeney dress. I've got the fashion fabric of the bodice together, I need to bone some of the seams and then attach the lining and the front vest pieces. I think I mentioned that I'm really trying to use up stash materials for this, so when it came to the trim on the front of the vest I wanted to see if I could use something from the stash too. I realized I had some scarlet dye and a bunch of yards of white cotton lace, so I dyed the lot of it and I'm so happy with how it turned out! (Anyone who went with me to the FIDM store, this is some of that lace soI can verify that it dyes very well!) The color isn't an exact match but is in the same field of red and looks fine with the stripes. I'm going to layer strips of the red lace over a white base for the vest, I've just laid it on the fabric in the pic below but you can get an idea of what it would look like sewn down.
Hopefully it will look a bit like this when I'm done. I've got so much more of the lace I may use some on the skirt flounce ans tail at the back too. I find though that this is drifting more and more away from the original to be more of an "in the style of." But I'm okay with that. I can imagine this working as both a circus-y sort of gown or another seaside one, given the right accessories and I love multi-occasion gowns!