Thursday, August 13, 2015

Market Hat Pattern is totally rad!

Totally rad!
We interrupt your regularly scheduled Costume College post to bring you news of my actually having made something new!

So I brought a few hand-sewing projects with me on our little family beach vacation, in the hopes of getting a little something done in between making sand castles and boogie boarding.

A while back I participated in the Indiegogo for Undressing the Historical Lady and got PDFs of her early 19th century caps and her 18th century Market Hat pattern.  So before we left I grabbed a black silk remnant, some notions and the pattern and was good to go.  It's a great little pattern, easy to follow and simple to make,  and as you can see - it makes an awesome hat!  If you click the pattern link above you can get your very own copy on Etsy.

Now to see if I can some more done on the embroidered stomacher I brought...


No comments:

Post a Comment