Thursday, November 20, 2014

Bits and Bobs

*  The first full length preview of Disney's live action Cinderella is out and wow, has it got cool costumes!


It's a mash up historical styles in vibrant technicolors with a whole host of styles that should appeal to costumers.  Check out some stills and an article on the costume here on Vogue and more stills here from Tom and Lorenzo.

* I was sad to miss the Colonial Williamsburg Symposium on Hair and Headdresses, word around the blogosphere was that it was a pretty fab event.  But CW has another interesting symposium coming up in March of next year Stitching Together a National Identity, which asks the question - what makes American quilts, clothing and needlework distinctly American?

*  I know it's not for everyone but I really enjoy the wacked out costumes of American Horror Story.  You can read some behind the scenes info with the costumer of the show, Lou Eyrich, here.

*  There have been scant few pictures of costumes from Game of Thrones upcoming season 5, but I was psyched to see this batch of pretty large images of a few of the characters in Dorne.

*  Thanks to The Costumer's Guide to Movie Costumes for the heads up on these sneak peeks of Mia Wasikowska in Through the Looking Glass.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting the link to the Colonial Williamsburg symposium. I have been jealously reading about the fabulous time other costumers have had at previous events. I hope to go to this one, and my BFF may be coming too. Exciting, my first time in Virginia!

    ReplyDelete