HSF# 8: UFO - Seaside Bustle Bodice

I'd hoped to finish this for the Bodice Challenge but 2014 has been very hard on me so far....needless to say I'm happy I could finish it for this challenge.

My main inspiration for this gown was the striped gown on the left in this fashion plate.   I changed things around a little bit because I can't leave well enough alone, and I may add some more trim.  But in general I'm happy with how it turned out.





Historical Sew Fortnightly 2014 thedreamstress.com

The Challenge: #8 UFO
Fabric: Cotton/Silk blend
Pattern:I used the Truly Victorian Asymetrical skirt and French Vest Bodice as the bodice base and then modified and added my own style elements to it.
Year: 1885
Notions: pleated ribbon, thread, hooks and eyes, narrow braid, silk ribbon, crab finding.
How historically accurate is it? Plausible, materials and sewing techniques are right for the time.
Hours to complete: Hard to say, construction time was spread out over several months and I don't usually keep track of such things.
First worn: April 27, 2014
Total cost: Hard to say since all materials and trims came from my stash.



Comments

  1. Yeah!!! It is finished and I love it! The chevroned effect on the back is super fabulous! Wonderful wonderful job and the hat is the icing on the cake!
    Blessings!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gina! I love me a good chevron. ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment