One of the things I love about Tissot is that he often uses the same dress in several different paintings. So far I've found 3 of the black and white bustle dress aside from the original one I posted:
Anyway, the last few days have been spent listening to NPR and pleating...and pleating...and pleating. I've got the underskirt pleating finally finished, now I need to actually sew the pleated fabric to the underskirt. And then I'm going to start work on the bustled apron overskirt. I BARELY had enough for the third row of pleated ruffles and even then I don' have enough to go all the way around, luckily the overskirt will cover the un-ruffled back.
I'm saving the bodice for last because I'm not in the mood for pattern drafting at the moment and the skirt is a no-brainer. I'm using modified versions of the Truly Victorian patterns as the bases for the costume: underskirt (TV201 ), overskirt (TV305) and probably TV 871 as the bodice base with modified versions of the sleeves from TV410.