Costume College 2011 - part 1

Well, another fabulous costume college has come and gone.  You know, I think everyone just gets better and better each year!  If you haven't been you really should come sometime, it's like summer camp for costumer ladies.

But on to more important things - like what we all wore!  Since I live so close now I can bring as many costume changes as I like from as many time period as I like and not have to worry about fitting it all into a suitcase.  So I planned on 2 costumes a day.

On Friday morning I wore my "Evil Queen" fantasy medieval gown (with the zipper up the back, nothing historically accurate to see here)  That's me on the left with Jenny-Rose in her evil queen on the right.
IMG_0616

Friday night was the Ice Cream Social which seemed like the perfect place for a floofy bustle gown so I reprised my dotty bustle. From Left to right that's me, Alyxx, Aimee, Jenny-Rose and Judy
IMG_0716

Saturday was the debut of the Empire era Lady Croom (from the play Arcadia) outfit.  I bought the overdress from a costume sale the Arena Stage in D.C. had many years ago and wore it with a hat and white muslin gown I'd made.
IMG_3154

Saturday night was the Gala, the main social event of the weekend.  Jen Thompson and I both had decided to do Victorian Fancy Dress and were so excited to wear our outfits together - she was "Telegraph" and I was "Harlequin"
IMG_0874

For the tea on Sunday I wore the only gown I made just for coco 2011, my candy colored 1780s gown and cotton candy petticoat. 
IMG_3345

And Sunday evening I changed into a 1920s dress and hat I bought from J. Peterman which I wore with my killer Peter Fox spectator shoes. That's Aubry on the left in her 1920s "jampagne" frock and me on the right.
IMG_3428

There were so many wonderful costumes that I took close to 500 photos!  I'll post some of the highlights of the weekend in part 2

Comments

  1. Ooh! You have such beautiful costumes. I didn't get to see them all in person, but the ones I did get to see were amazing! I'm glad you posted this so I can see the rest! Lovely seeing you, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What amazing costumes!! How I wish we had such events here in the UK, but anything to do with costume usually involves re-enactments, or set era parades like the Jane Austen Festival Promenade in Bath, or the Charles Dickens Festival in Kent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adored your Fancy dress. I wasn't able to get a pictures which I am a bit disappointed about. But admired it ALOT from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that candy gown is truly like candy for the eyes :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment