Mad Men Event

So my son's school had a Mad Men night out fundraiser.  And may I just take a moment to say school fundraisers need to be like this more often -  SO much better than yet another "Yankee Candle" sale!   They rented out a restaurant, had both a silent and a live auction as well as dinner and drinks, and candy cigarettes.  And everyone was dressed to the nines!

I did not make anything but wanted to give a plug to Audrey K for the dress I did wear.  I've bought other dresses from her boutique and love them all - they are comfy, kinda retro and very flattering.  And this was no exception.









I was originally going to wear my hair up in a pseudo beehive like the photo above -  but my husband really liked the curls straight from the hot rollers so I indulged him even though my hair ended up a little more 1940s than early 60s.  We had fun hamming it up and drinking cocktails and played it safe and took a cab home.

Comments