Tuesday, May 26, 2015

One down four to go

I hope you had a good holiday!  My son got sick so I spent more time indoors than I thought I would. The good news is that I finished the first sleeve embroidery for my Cersei gown!

This is the upper left sleeve motif. It's beading, a running stitch of metallic gold, a metallic gold running stitch with gold seed beads, bronze beads and Italian mesh ribbon couched with a herringbone stitch of metallic copper and sage green embroidery thread.

To me it looks like there are real feathers on the original gown. So I attached a few to the tail of the bird I embroidered before I added him to the sleeve, thinking if it needed cleaning I could remove the bird, together with the feathers.

I sewed it in en embroidery hoop and will use a hoop for all but one of the remaining designs. I'm a little worried about the shoulder design because I don't know that there is any way I can hoop it...but I'll tackle that when I come to it.  Here's what my embroidery looked like flat:


And here's a close up of the original where you can see a bit of the feathers on the bird's tail.


Now it's on to embroidery number 2!




6 comments:

  1. Oh how stunning!!! I am so in love with your birds!! The gold touches really make the whole thing over the top fantastic!!! Yay for beads and gold thread!
    Blessings!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gina! I'm really loving it so far.

      Delete
  2. Soooooo beautiful! I wish that my embroidery was half as good and pretty as yours...

    ReplyDelete