Instructables Halloween Roundup!
|Flowerpot Head Costume|
So I thought I'd share a few of the costumes I've seen this year that I especially liked.
* Flowerpot Head. This reminds me of Magritte's Son of Man. I just love how simple and surreal it is.
* Dune Sandworm. This is brilliant, so simple and yet so effective. Even if you're unfamiliar with Dune what's not to love about a giant worm with teeth?
* Statue Busts. Another wonderful idea. These are famous composers but any famous dead people will do, perfect costume for reenactors who may already have wigs for this in their closet.
* Kid's Flying Monkey. Great example of a thrifted/repurposed costume. All the pieces were put together from other things and yet it all looks so right.
* Kid's Thor. Super creative amalgamation of sewn, repurposed, purchased and thrifted bits that came together to make a really stellar Thor. Using a thrifted doll to give his son Thor's trademark long blond locks? Brilliant!
* The Comedian from the Watchmen. Not a whole of of detail on exactly on what they got where but I thought this thrifted/dollar store version of the Comedian was really good.
* Vanellope Von Schweetz. This is a pretty easy and simple costume but oh so effective.
*Zoltar from Big. I just love this, a refrigerator box, some odds and ends from around the house, a few beads and a moustache and you're in the fortune telling business.
* Zoiberg from Futurama. I can't believe how great this looks and it tickles me no end that they used a Bart Simpson mask to create it!