The Queen's Progress
- Do as much of the couching of the bullion as possible at the end - it's too easy for threads to get stuck in it and pull the bullion out, stretching the wire and messing things up. In some cases, like the "glow" around the sword, I need to do it first so I can have the lion's paws on the sword but the manes and tails I'm going to leave til the end.
- So planning what goes in front of what is obviously important too.
- Metallic thread whether embroidery or not is a pain in the ass, lots more tangles etc than regular thread or other embroidery colors.
- Use the same method for applying the jump rings as for applying beads or pearls. I get two on my thread, stitch them down, bring the thread back through the last one then attach the next two.
- Using the above method - for very curved pieces like the tails do only 2-3 beads at a time, for longer straighter pieces up to 6 beads can be done at a time.