Fancy dress and breeches - Finished!

So I finally finished the fancy dress costume. I ended up not wearing my underskirt with it at it's premiere event, it was just so hot and the overskirt was poofy enough without it. I really should take some better pics of it on me or my mannequin but this will have to do for now...hopefully I can get some better pics when I wear it at the Gala at Costume College.  I really enjoyed wearing it, I think my favorite part is the bicorn though!  I might have to make one or two more of them for other costumes.

I also finished my husband's breeches, worn here with a frock coat I purchased on etsy and a waistcoat I made.  I have enough fabric  to make another frock to match the breeches, maybe sometime this winter.  I also have cut out another waistcoat to go with this frock and the new breeches, it's all about mix and match to save on closet space!


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. My husband's coat was made by Etsy seller verdanta - https://www.etsy.com/shop/Verdanta

      I've bought two coats from her and really like her work. The rest of our outfits I made myself and I'm sorry to say I don't take commissions.

      Delete

Post a Comment