Costume College part 4 - The Friday Night Social



Me and Diana in late 18th C

 
I didn't take nearly as many photos at the Social as I'm meant to and there was a reason for this...

You know how some costumes just fight you every step of the way?  The LACMA redingote was one of those.  Ugh.  I love the idea, I even like how it turned out, but by the time I was done making it I was just not very happy with it any more because of all the grief it had given me.

Just before the social, when I finally put it on for the first time, I realized I needed to move all the hooks over a bit because it was uncomfortably tight.  So, needless to say, I was a bit frazzled when I arrived!

Sometime, when my ire towards it has cooled, I need to take some more photos of the redingote and do a proper entry on it.

The theme for the social this year was Circus and many embraced it, there were many clowns and stripes and ringmasters, but, as always, many wore what they felt like wearing.  Here's just a sampling of the fabulousness of the evening:

Leimomi and Merja 
Tinkerbelle!
Aubry's pretty late 18th Century ensemble
Victorian Wednesday!

Kim's Brotherhood of the Wolf Riding Habit 

Bustle Prizes

Aristo vs Revolutionary!
Twila's Lolita Pippi Longstocking



Comments