I managed to do some significant sewing the other day. Effie is still in the naughty corner so I worked on something I've had on the back burner for a while now - another seaside bustle gown! I've had this nice cotton/silk blend shirting fabric in the stash forever with the idea of doing a stripey bustle gown. It's the perfect fabric for warm LA picnics/beach events - totally washable and cool and light. Anyway, I thought if I could find a decent eyelet it would be a great fabric to use to make a gown like the one on the left. So when I found a somewhat similar eyelet at JoAnn's I decided to go for it. I had to tea dye it to get it closer to the off white of the stripes (it actually matches much better than it looks in these photos) but I think the circles echo the original fairly well.
I'm mostly taking my inspiration from that plate above but will probably modify things a bit. I'm thinking maybe a v-neck with a lace ruffle...we shall see. I thought it was interesting that this other seaside plate on the left is so similar - another pairing of stripes and eyelet, but this one has the eyelet on top and the stripes underneath. Anyway, I have a lot of the stripe so I should have enough of the left that I could do yet another seaside gown but one more like the plate on the right. They're a bit narrower stripes, but I think they'd work, and I have a nice navy linen in the stash to go with it.
The skirt is about 3/4 of the way done, just some hemming, the waistband and the tapes inside to add. I used the TV asymmetrical skirt pattern and will probably modify one of the TV bodice patterns to make the bodice. Pics to come once I've got a bit more done and it's daylight.