The not-so-perfect pleater

One of the things I love about Tissot is that he often uses the same dress in several different paintings.  So far I've found 3 of the black and white bustle dress aside from the original one I posted:





Anyway, the last few days have been spent listening to NPR and pleating...and pleating...and pleating.  I've got the underskirt pleating finally finished, now I need to actually sew the pleated fabric to the underskirt.  And then I'm going to start work on the bustled apron overskirt.  I BARELY had enough for the third row of pleated ruffles and even then I don' have enough to go all the way around, luckily the overskirt will cover the un-ruffled back.
I'm saving the bodice for last because I'm not in the mood for pattern drafting at the moment and the skirt is a no-brainer.  I'm using modified versions of the Truly Victorian patterns as the bases for the costume: underskirt (TV201 ), overskirt (TV305) and  probably TV 871 as the bodice base with modified versions of the sleeves from TV410.


Comments

  1. After all the pleated ruffles on the Regency, I don't know if I want to attack the Tissot Citrus dress. Ugh!
    The stripes are looking sharp, though! This is gonna be a great dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They've been boring but also oddly soothing. I kinda go into a zen state while pleating that's rather pleasant.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment