Midnight in Paris

The dress I wore - "Black Tango"
That was the theme of the fundraiser at my younger son's school this year.  Basically it's a big 1920s costume party.  They always throw such great parties, the year before was 007 and before that Mad Men.  Anyway I'd bought a dress from Leluxe to wear to another event the year before so I was all ready.  Leluxe did some of the costumes in The Artist as well as a costume for Nora Montgomery in Season 1 of American Horror Story. 

I have nothing but good things to say about the dress, it's high quality and ever-so-slightly stretchy so there is less of the sack-like shape that some 20s dresses have.  That baggy shape may be accurate but it's extremely unflattering on me!  

 A few other ladies were wearing dresses they bought from Unique Vintage and after seeing them in person I can vouch for them being very pretty as well.

I styled my long hair by blow drying it straight then curling it under and pinning it into a bun underneath my hair.  I experimented with a bunch of make up looks and came to the conclusion that something a bit more colorful and less smoky would be more flattering on me so I went with green and aqua to match the hair do-dad I had and the iridescent sequins of my dress. 

My husband wore his brown striped sacksuit from The Gentleman's Emporium with a fedora, his pocket watch and chain and a rose pinned to his lapel.  All of which gave him a bit of a Nucky Thompson vibe. I'm afraid I didn't get any decent full length photos of us but I did get a few cute close ups.



Comments

  1. Looks like a lot of fun!

    I've awarded you an Inspiring Blogger Award (http://olympesdiary.blogspot.com/2013/05/inspiring-blogger-award.html). Thank you for the always interesting posts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment